Our client, a large, growth-oriented, company, seeks a high potential, hands-on, detail-oriented Procurement Specialist to join their team.
The Procurement Specialist ensures items or services are purchase from specified suppliers and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions seeking maximum value for the company including agreed time and cost.
Successful position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, work well in team, passion for customer service, effective at cross-functional teamwork, ability to interact with operations persons on basic requests and ability to work fast and on numerous requests simultaneously.
- Interfaces with assigned departments in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support them.
- Ensure POs are created in Oracle prior to commitment and goods/services are received in accordance to all SOP’s.
- Interface with AP personnel to ensure that the entire procurement to pay process is implemented fully and seamlessly at the local level.
- Reviews planned orders, for purchased items and manages the approval process.
- Troubleshoots and communicates delays or backorders to internal customers.
- Enquires and tracks with designated supplier and confirmation of time, delivery date and cost.
- Reviews, updates and maintains open purchase orders until closed.
- Reports supplier non-conformances.
- Ensure adherence to company approved supplier agreement/contracts.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources form assigned tasks.
- Complies with SOP’s and local procedures applicable to the job function.
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lie of the described above, according to the needs of the location or company.